BAC +4/ + 5
PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM ALL SECTORS OF JOURNALISM
Levels 1/ 2, 60 ECTS
Training lasts 15 months
Courses: January to June
Internship: 4 months required
Assignment on-location in Brussels or Rabat
The curriculum is designed to prepare future journalists in all branches: TV, written press, web, radio.
Students who hold a License/Bachelor or a valid Master I
To qualify to work within a news organization — whether newspaper, radio or television — at all levels of production. To autonomously write and post content on the web and develop the online presence. To become a valuable part of a news organization (newspaper, television, radio or web).
Technologies of information and communication, fundamentals of the press, practical and intensive projects in written press, internet, radio, television, photography, editing photos, and editing video.
Media law, journalism ethics, freelance, media management. Specialized media. Software. Surveys and investigation, English competency, CV creation and job search, discussions, interviewing, on-location reporting, news agencies, oral expression.
Road assignment, two weeks of intensive training in Morocco or Brussels
- Re-entry seminar on the fundamentals of the press
- News analysis
- Media law and journalism ethics
- English competency
- Surveys, investigation
- On-location reporting, news agencies
- Writing, editing copy
- Management, media economics
- Practical projects
- Newspaper writing
- Specialized topics : sports, economics, lifestyle and women’s issues, politics, arts and culture, local press
- Radio : sound recording, vocal delivery, interview, discussion, editing
- Television : camera work, script writing, vocal delivery, documentary, video editing
- Internet : web programming languages, social networks
- Job search : strategies of the job search, creating a CV, personal branding and marketing
- Photo : techniques and photo reporting
The instructors at ESJ-Paris have specialized skills and work in the industry. Journalists, communication professionals, media professionals, lecturers
Radio and television journalist, newspaper writer, web, video director, community manager, anchorman, anchorwoman, news management, reporter
Level I for students with a License 3 / Bachelor
Level 2 for students with a Master I